Tuesday, August 26, 2014

84) Black Fleet

In this game each player controls two ships (a pirate ship and a merchant ship). The goal is to deliver goods to different ports with the merchant ship and raid other ships with your pirate ship. As you do this you'll earn gold, which allows you to buy cards that will eventually trigger the end of the game.

Ready to start
4-player game
Time to deliver some goods
Some of my cards
How cool is this box!

I enjoyed playing this game, but I question its re-playability. The actual game play of playing a card and moving your ships does get a bit repetitive and at the end of the game I felt like I had had my fill. Additionally, there is too much down time waiting for your next turn. The board is constantly changing so its difficult to plan out your next turn. This leads to extended wait times between your turns.

I do really like games with the pick up and deliver mechanic and adding to it the option to buy unique upgrades to your fleet made this game fun. I was glad I got to play this and would recommend it to others with the caveat that it may start to get old after a couple plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment