Tuesday, August 26, 2014

86) Imperial Settlers

Despite getting utterly destroyed I thought this game was awesome. Each player starts with a different group (I was the Romans) that produces a unique set of resources. There is a phase where players acquire cards into their hand. Then each player takes their turn spending resources to play cards and activate cards. As you build up your city you start to have more options and you can do exponentially more on your turn.

Ready to build something 
Just getting started
My player board
End game board state
I love this game because it has such high re-playability. You only see a limited amount of cards each game, thus, each game will produce a different mix of cards and require a different strategy for success. Despite the complexity of the strategy the game plays very smoothly. This was really fun and I look forward to playing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment