Saturday, September 13, 2014

91) Myrmes

I love ants and I love strategy games - combining the two is awesome. In this game you take on the roll of an ant colony. Inside your colony you're making new nurses, larva, workers, and soldiers as well as advancing your tech tree. As your worker ants visit the outside world they get to lay pheromones, battle other insects, and find resources.

My player board part way through turn 1 
Central shared board
Custom first player token

I love this game. It combines tons of mechanics that I like (worker placement, resource gathering, tech tree, area control) into a game with a great theme. The first game or two may be a bit tough as it can really punish players for making wrong decisions. Once you get the feel for the game things should be much smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment