Tuesday, October 14, 2014

111) This Town Ain't Big Enough for the 2-4 of us

This is a neat tile laying game that feels a lot like Carcassonne. Each player is a different color/symbol. On your turn you play a tile, score any new completely fenced areas, and draw a tile for next turn. The scoring is interesting in that you're only scoring points for colors/symbols that have less presence in the enclosed area then you do.

Incase you thought I made that title up
Tiles with fences
Scoring track

I like this game largely because it was a mental challenge trying to figure out how to have the most of my color in areas, while still having other colors present to score points. I can imagine this game could become overplayed and it could become fairly easy to find the optimal plays. But, having only played it once, I'm excited to try it again. One more positive is that I never felt like I drew a dead tile. I always had somewhere to play my tile that was working towards a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment